Which group of animals posses the greatest threat to you in a wilderness survival situation?
- Large predators
- Medium sized animals
- Small animals
Scorpions are restricted to ______.
- tropical and subtropical regions
- all of the above
Which of the following is NOT spread by ticks?
- Lyme disease
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever
Do not eat any fruit that is starting to spoil because _____.
- fungal toxins will develop
- parasites have begun reproducing in the fruit
- acids have developed that will make you sick
- the spoiled fruit taste bad
Avoid any weed, leaves, or seeds with an almond like scent because ______.
- of the high amounts of lactic acid
- of cyanide compounds
- the high amounts of copper
- it would violate the almonds copyright.
Which of the below is NOT one of the rules for the edibility test?
- Grind up various parts of a plant and test the entire plant at once.
- Do not eat anything for 8 hours prior to testing a food.
- Do not even test a plant part unless it is common and readily available.
- Touch prepared plant for testing to your lip before eating it
Which of the following is NOT a plant characteristic that shows you should you should avoid eating it?
- Bitter or soapy taste
- Grain heads with pink, purplish, or black spurs.
- Three-leaved growth pattern.
- Clear sap
Some plants are edible raw others must be cooked.
- False. If it is poisonous cooking will not help.
Leaching refers to the process of ______.
- boiling the plant
- soaking the plant
- scrubbing the plant
- pouring boiling water over the plant
Which of the following is true?
- Most plants are edible but not very palatable.
- Most plants are palatable but not edible.
- Few plants are edible or palatable.