You can lose __ percent of body heat from an unprotected head
- 20 to 25
- 30 to 35
- 40 to 45
- 50 to 65
Which is NOT one of the four principals to keeping warm?
- Keep clothing clean.
- Keep clothing dry.
- Wear clothes loose and in layers.
- Drink moderate amounts of alcohol.
- Avoid overheating and sweating.
One reason you lose so much heat through the head is because _____!
- The head is the highest part of your body and heat rises.
- It has lots of blood flow
- Because there is a lot of fat there
- There is a lot of empty space between your ears.
Sweat is designed to cool you off how?
- Evaporative cooling.
- Moving heat out of your body.
- I don't know it just does.
- By repelling the opposite sex.
Your bodies heat comes from ____!
- the liver
- from your surroundings, sun, other sources of radiant heat
- the muscles mostly
Wear your clothing ___ and in ____ to stay warm.
- loose / bulky garments
- loose / layers
- tight / layers
- tight / bulky garments
In a survival situation when encountering cold temperatures _____!
- Never wash, hygiene is not as important as retaining that heat.
- Washing is important as it prevents rashes which can quickly turn to something more serious.
Initial symptom of hypothermia is ____!
- sluggish thinking
- a feeling of warmth
Once frost bite occurs ____!
- reverse the damage by submerging frostbit areas in lukewarm water
- apply warm compresses and antibiotic ointment to reverse the damage
- there is no fix
Your need for water _____!
- is as great in a cold environment
- is reduced due to lower metabolism
- is reduced because your body retains water better in a cold environment due to pores becoming restricted